Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This Sunday, the 5th of September...


We celebrate our Father’s Day on the first Sunday of September . Unlike US and other countries of the world where Father’s Day is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday of June. While Australia, New Zealand and some other countries celebrate it on September.
The day is fast approaching and I still cannot decide what gift to get for Dad. I have been busy to give it so much thought. He is not that fussy but I really like something that is not expensive which he can enjoy too. Budget is also tight at the moment so it is kinda hard for me to figure out. Last year the kids, gave him various pens, notepads,and a pen holder which he still uses until this time. I gave him a hat which he still uses too.

Today, the school where my kids are, was having their annual Father’s Day stall. It was a fund raising organized by the school every Father’s Day and I gave the kids some money to spend for the things they wanted to give for their Dad. When they got home each of them have a plastic bag on their hand which they keep inside their room for the time being. They always wanted to make Father’s Day special with some surprises for their Dad.

Late also this afternoon we went to the mall to do some shopping and I took the opportunity to look around for something to get for Hubby.


Happy Father's Day to all Dads out there!
And to my dearest Papa in the Philippines, Happy Father's Day ! We love you!

5 comments:

Self Sagacity said...

I would have like it if our father's day is spread out a bit too. We have mother's day in may and father's day in June.

Lina Gustina said...

I don't know why we don't celebrate Father's Day here.

Happy Father's Day to all fathers :)

imelda said...

wow i forgot to greet a friend in US. i thought parehas ra sa atoa, lol.

Raft3r said...

happy dads day sa father mo at sa hubby mo!

Dhemz said...

hala no lahi diay diha sa inyo te sa....glad to know!

belated Happy Father's day sa imong hubby te....:)