Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sky Watch Friday

It's time for another SWF once again and here is my post for this week. The first two pictures were taken from our backyard last Wednesday early in the afternoon. The day started with an overcast weather early in the morning right before lunch but blue sky with a few patches of cloud started to appear later in the afternoon. It was a glorious Spring afternoon after all, and while I was in the backyard, I noticed these 3 native pigeons perching on the branches of the naked tree that belongs to our next door neighbor. I took a few snaps and thought to post them for my SWF.And pictures below were taken early afternoon today. I went outside to take the clothes from the clothes line when I spotted a solar halo around the sun. I hurriedly ran inside to grab my camera to take a few snaps before it was gone. As you can see this is not a complete solar halo. I read in the internet that it is rare to see a complete solar halo and I hope one day I can see one.



Interested to join or want to see more beautiful sky photos all around the world please click, Sky Watch Friday .

18 comments:

Raft3r said...

such cool birds!

Ola said...

I did not realise before that this is 'halo', interesting!

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

naalala ko ang kabataan ko na madalas manirador ng ibon,hehe..

Phivos Nicolaides said...

I like the contrast. Very good shots.

Dhemz said...

wow! powerful man kau imong entry teEden....:)

spring diay diha no? no wonder bibo kau ang mga bulak...ehehehhe!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow, you are one lucky lady ate, great shots.

My Sky Watch

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow, you are one lucky lady ate, great shots.

My Sky Watch

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful captures of the birds and the halo. The Halo is really cool looking. Happy skywatching!

Fly Girl said...

Amazing Eden! You were so lucky (and fast) to capture the solar halo. I've never seen one. The birdies are cute too.

Anonymous said...

Love those pigeons, great against the sky. And interesting halo. Happy weekend.

Roberto Machado Alves said...

Great moments.
I really enjoyed. The tones are perfect.

Greetings Roberto

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Nice and cosy together, a family of birdies, greetings JoAnn

Redzlan said...

Wow!..Solar halo!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shot of the birds under the blue sky.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots of birds under the blue sky.

January Zelene said...

how ate! timing jud ang imo last 2 pictures.. ka nindot jud. :)

Lina Gustina said...

I really amaze with the solar halo!
Perfect shots :-)

Carletta said...

Love the little birds basking in the sun.
However, I'm so envious of the halo - wow - nice catch!
I've never seen one. Thanks for sharing.

Carletta @ Carletta's Captures