Monday, November 30, 2009

Today in the school

I attended a special mass celebration early today in the school where my kids are. It's an annual mass celebration for Catholic students in the school and parents and carers were invited as well. It was celebrated by Father R. Paras our Filipino Parish priest in St. Aidan Catholic Church, Rooty Hill accompanied by Father Felix also from the Philippines. One of the highlights of the celebration was the giving of the Scripture Certificates to the Catholic graduating students before the mass came to an end.
All the Catholic Kinde kids were all dressed up for the said celebration and David was dressed up as Joseph. Thanks to their Scripture teacher who provided the costumes and for taking care of everything needed. All the Kinde kids were taking charge in the offering part of the mass with the Scripture teacher as their guide. Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures of David because I was sitting at the back and can't get a good view of him. I just took one picture when the mass was about to end from my mobile phone, at least I have one to share with you because I didn't take my camera with me. I forgot about it.

7 comments:

Ralph said...

What a lovely celebration. The children are dressed in uniform, and they all seem attentive to the priests. They are graduating spiritually, they have a better understanding of the Lord. We can not learn enough about God!

donna said...

Eden, you have the picture of David dressed up as Joseph in your mind's eye and also in your heart. What a lovely mass with all those bright-eyed students in attendance.

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

agree ako sa sinabi ni Ralph..

anne said...

what a lovely mass...

MJ said...

Wow what lovely celebration...
agoy wala kami dire oj..
bag-o palang nawala ang ganyang tradition dire...

Really nice...

MJ said...

Wow what lovely celebration...
agoy wala kami dire oj..
bag-o palang nawala ang ganyang tradition dire...

Really nice...

Raft3r said...

swerte at pinoy parish priest nyo
magaling magsermon yan panigurado
=)