Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Smoked fish

Yesterday, when we went out shopping I dropped by in one of the Filipino shops to get a few things and noticed that one of their freezers is newly stock up with varieties of frozen smoked fish such as, smoked bangus, hearing and galunggong. The thought of it dipped with spicy vinegar made my mouth drool, and, without a second thought I grabbed one packet. I sometimes buy it but not that often, because, every time I see smoked fish in the fridge I cant resist it and want it every meal time. A plate of rice is not enough once I have smoked fish in front of me, this is the main thing that I try to avoid. My favourite is smoked "galonggong". This is frozen and needs only thawing. I usually fry it in a shallow oil just to warm it before eating rather than warming in the microwave.

8 comments:

imelda said...

wow looks delicious. im drooling now to eat them

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Kalami ba ana ate Eden oi... reminds me of tapa sa atoa sa Pinas nga ilibod... waaaaaaaaaaa I miss ocean fish!

Dhemz said...

agoy tawon ginoo ko...gatulo akong laway te...gigutom ko nakakita sa imong smoked fish.....yay kalami...murag daghan jud ako mahurot ani nga kan-on....ehehhehe!

Neldajay said...

Ate yan po ba yung Tinapa na tawag? ang sarap naman niya...with fish sauce na may kalamansi.

donna said...

I luv smoked fish, too. Usually it's smoked lake perch or salmon, both from Lake Michigan. Like you, I don't buy it very often because I can't stop eating it until it's all gone. Yum!

donna

eden said...

Tinapa or Tapa, Nelds. OO sarap sa vinegar with kalamansi.

Clarissa said...

DROOLED!!Sarap mag kamay kainan pag yan ang ulam!!

Raft3r said...

masarap ito with fried egg and garlic rice.
hehe